JOIN THE TEAM
A rare opportunity to lead in one of New Zealand’s best restaurants, in what is considered one of the world's most incredible destinations . Rātā is delicious, inventive, generous & adventurous, so good our guests make it their go to when in Queenstown.
Rātā creates genuine dining experiences featuring well balanced and inspired New Zealand cuisine, with generous service delivered by our skilful team.
The award-winning menu is of ‘New Zealand’. Ingredients from the region which includes our commitment to sourcing organic ingredients and following sustainable practices.
As a leader in the New Zealand food scene we pride ourselves on not only being an incredible place to dine, but also a great place to work.
This is a rare opportunity for a creative and passionate leader to take their career to the next level. A chance to stamp your mark on the New Zealand dining scene offering a taste of the South.
As the Head Chef of Rātā, you will take ownership of delivering the very best quality and service for your guests. You will get the best out of your talented team, keeping them motivated and inspired to craft, create and innovate the delicious dishes that Rātā prides itself on.
We’re looking for…
- Proven experience leading a high quality, fast paced, busy kitchen
- Cuisine Good Food Guide restaurant experience a plus
- Knowledge of high-quality regional New Zealand suppliers and ingredients
- An adaptable and dynamic thinker
- Exceptional communicator across all levels
- Keeps up-to-date with culinary trends and customer needs
- Is able to adapt the menu to seasonal availability
- Exceptional people management skills, ability to set clear objectives, motivate and monitor progress
- Able to identify, attract and retain talent in the kitchen
- Strong business, organisational and analytical skills, with the ability to meticulously manage your kitchen & wage costs
- The ability to develop great working relationships with our suppliers to ensure the delivery of the freshest and best quality goods every time
- An inspirational leader with a great EQ - who cares passionately about creating a positive environment for your team; building a culture where consistent excellence, a positive attitude and teamwork thrive
- Capable of troubleshooting and dealing with challenges; being able to find the yes
- Calm and able to stay focused under pressure, can multitask and prioritise whilst leading from the front
- Can show leadership to the team under the ever changing impact of covid on the hospitality industry
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]